Ocarina Rave Competition is promoted by Associazione Culturale “Il Temporale” with the participation of
Regione Emilia-Romagna, Comune di Bentivoglio, Unione Reno Galliera, Città Metropolitana di Bologna with the aim to promote the diffusion of popular folk tradition of ocarina throughout the world.
In compliance with current regulations for the containment of the spread of the Covid 19 virus and in order to encourage the participation of ocarina players from all over the world, this third edition, too, will take place in the online mode, through selections of the videos made by the candidates in remote mode.
An international Jury will examine and assess the material received to assign the awards.
INTERNATIONAL OCARINA-RAVE COMPETITION ON LINE
REGULATION of 3rd International Ocarina Competition
Soloists section A
1 Compulsory piece: Leonardo Leo sonata n. 1 in Fa maggiore for flute and basso continuo, transcription for ocarina by Emiliano Bernagozzi, Largo – Allegro – Larghetto – Allegro assai.
1 Piece at free choice of the candidate
Maximum total time for the execution: 15’
Emiliano Bernagozzi presents the obligatory piece for section A : https://youtu.be/8exyumwYvBQ
Click here to buy the full score
Soloists section B
2 free choice pieces: one chosen among the popular folk or pop repertoire and one from the classical repertoire.
Maximum total time for the execution: 6’
From duet on: 2 free choice pieces, one chosen among the popular folk or pop repertoire and one from the classical repertoire.
Maximum total time for the execution: 10’
PRIZES AND AWARDS:
Soloists section A:
· 1st prize: 1,000 euros and 2 concerts to be given together with Orchestra Giovanile BenTiVoglio in a date to be decided later on and in compliance with regulations for the containment of Covid 19 virus
· 2nd prize: an instrument ocarina SOL6/BG;
· 3rd prize: a triplet of ocarina: DO1/SC – SOL2/SG – DO3/AC
Soloists section B:
· 1st prize: 400 euros;
· 2nd prize: an ocarina DO5/BC
· 3rd prize: an ocarina SOL4/AG
· 1st prize: 1,000 euros
· 2nd prize: a quintet of ocarina
· 3rd prize: an ocarina DO7/CBC
Special prize: the Jury may award a septet of ocarina in case a deserving group is identified.
Each competitor will receive a Participation Award.
How to apply, terms and deadline, materials
· The competition is open to candidates of all nationalities and without any age limits
· The competition is dedicated to monocamera (single) Ocarina only
· Applications must be received no later than November 30, 2022
· Participation is subject to application through the completing of a form
( https://www.ocarinarave.it/concorso-di-ocarina/iscrizione/ ) and the payment of individual registration fee as follows:
- 35,00 € per person in section “Soloists”,
- 15,00 € per person in section “Ensembles” (from duo to Dectet);
- 10.00 € per person for Ocarina Orchestras from 11 elements on
Registration fee is not refundable in any way and has to be paid via bank-transfer on the following account:
Associazione Culturale “Il Temporale” APS, Emilbanca filiale di Bentivoglio - Iban:IT31N0707236622002000062546 - Bic: ICRAITRRTS0
Or by PayPal: https://paypal.me/ocarinarave?locale.x=it_IT
(please specify: first name, last name, and purpose: Ocarina Rave Competition application)
· The following documents should be attached to the applications:
- copy of Passport or Documents of Identity;
- program chosen
- copy of proof of payment of the registration fee. Applications received after the expiry date (Nov.30th) will not be considered as valid.
- Link to the video recorded for the selections of the contest
· The video must obligatory contain:
- The presentation in video made by the performer or by a member in case of an ensemble. He/She must present the performance in Italian or English language with basic information (first name and last name in case of a soloist; name in case of an ensemble, then nationality, category and pieces to be played);
- The integral performance of all the required pieces in sequence without any crop or editing. Static camera;
- Shootings with STATIC camera must show all performers, half-length, with evidence of hands and face;
- The use of musical backings is forbidden; therefore video filming should be with the accompaniment of live music or “a solo” without any accompaniment even if foreseen.
· The application entitles Association “Il Temporale” with all rights for the diffusion and the broadcasting of the videos received
· All pieces, both compulsory and free choice ones, in the event of winning MUST foresee the live performance of the accompaniment; during the concert the use of musical backing is forbidden
· It is possible to enrol in multiple categories, but it is not possible to participate more than once to the same category even with a different staff.
· The names of the Winners will be announced during the last Concert of “XXVI Festival di Musica da Camera” on December 18th, 2022 at 21:00 [9.00 p.m.] (Italian time) and later on made public on the YouTube channel of “Associazione Il Temporale” https://www.youtube.com and on the site https://www.ocarinarave.it
Jury and evaluation criteria
The Jury will consist of musicians of great international renown.
Every member of the Jury will make his/her judgement according to an evaluation grid that shall take into account the following criteria:
· Intonation (rating from 1 to 10 for every piece)
· Performance (rating from 1 to 10 for every piece)
· Technique (rating from 1 to 10 for every piece)
· Also the difficulty of the free-choice repertoire will be evaluated (rating from 1 to 10)
At the end of the evaluations the ranking list will be published.
In the event of an ex-equo, in order to award the first prize, one more video with the performance of a piece chosen by the Jury could be required.
The decision of the Jury shall be final and final.