Expiry Date for application inclusive of video presentation: October 15, 2021
In compliance with current regulations for the containment of the spread of the Covid 19 virus and in order to
encourage the participation of ocarina players from all over the world, this second edition, too, will take place in the online mode, through selections of the videos made by the candidates in remote mode.
An international Jury will examine and assess the material received to assign the awards. In case Covid-19 pandemic situation allows, Final of Category A will be held in presence during the GOB Soloists concert in Bentivoglio, Bologna, on November 14th, 2021.
Ocarina Rave Competition ispromoted by Associazione Culturale “Il Temporale” with the participation of
Regione Emilia-Romagna, Comune di Bentivoglio, Unione Reno Galliera, Città Metropolitana di Bologna, Teatro
Comunale di Bolognawith the aim to promote the diffusion of popular folk tradition of ocarina throughout the world
INTERNATIONAL OCARINA-RAVE COMPETITION ON LINE
REGULATION of 2nd International Ocarina Competition
Soloists section A
Category A is reserved for more experienced musicians: 2 compulsory pieces for selections + 1 compulsory piece for final are required. Final will be held in presence or in video, in compliance with current regulations for the containment of the spread of the Covid 19 virus, during GOB Soloists concert on November 14th, 2021 in Bentivoglio, Bologna. The winner will be decided during the concert.
Compulsory pieces are:
1. From “CONCONE STUDI DA CONCERTO” by Emiliano Bernagozzi, Study No. 12, Volume 2 – download link
2. “FANTASIA OBBLIGATA” by Cesare Testi and Federico Vignoli - download link
3. “CAPRICCIO” by Giuseppe Grossi – download link
Soloists section B
Category B is open to everyone, musicians and enthusiasts, children and adults, professionals and amateurs.
2 free choice pieces: one chosen among the popular folk or pop repertoire and one from the classical repertoire.
Maximum total time for the execution: 6’
Ensemble category is reserved to groups from duet on.
2 free choice pieces, one chosen among the popular folk or pop repertoire and one from the classical repertoire.
Maximum total time for the execution: 10’
PRIZES AND AWARDS:
SOLOISTS section A:
If regulations for the containment of the spread of the Covid 19 virusallow, the first three selected with be invited to participate to the concert of November 14th, 2021. During this concert they will mandatorily have to play the compulsory piece No. 3, if it will not be possible they will be requested to provide a video and their performance will be video-transmitted.
* 1st prize: 1,000 euros and a concert to be given together with Orchestra Giovanile BenTiVoglio (BenTiVoglio Youth Orchestra) at Teatro Comunale di Bologna in a date to be decided later on and in compliance with regulations for the containment of Covid 19 virus
* 2nd prize: an instrument of the manufacturer Benvenuto Fecchio: an ocarina SOL6/BG;
* 3rd prize: a triplet of the manufacturer Fabio Menaglio: DO1/SC – SOL2/SG – DO3/AC
For finalists coming from abroad a contribution to travel expenses is foreseen.
SOLOISTS section B:
* 1st prize: 400 euros;
* 2nd prize: ocarina parts
* 3rd prize: ocarina parts
* 1st prize: 1,000
* 2nd prize: a quintetof the manufacturer Fabio Menaglio
* 3rd prize: an ocarina of the manufacturer Benvenuto Fecchio DO7/CBC
Special prize for the best septet: a septet of ocarina of Claudio Colombo
In compliance with regulations for the containment of Covid 19 virus and by unquestionable decision of the Jury, Final of Category A will be held in presence or through video; the 1st prize winner of Category A and the ensembles selected by the Jury only will perform at “Budrio Ocarina Festival”, in a date to be decided later on.
Each competitor will receive a Participation Award.
* The competition is open to candidates of all nationalities and without age limits * The competition is dedicated to monocamera (single) Ocarina only; videos made with other instruments will automatically be eliminated
* Applications should be sent by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org and received not later than October15th 2021
* Participationis subject to application through the completing of a form
(https://www.ocarinarave.it/concorso-di-ocarina/iscrizione/) and the payment of individual registration fee as
- 35,00 € per person in section “Soloists”,
- 15,00 € per person in section “Ensembles” (duo, trio, quartet);
Registration fee is not refundable in any way and has to be paid via bank-transfer on the following account:
Account number: 62546
Account Name: AssociazioneCulturale “Il Temporale” APS
Bank reference: Emil Banca – Bentivoglio branch
Bic – Swift: ICRAITRRTS0
Or by PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/ocarinararave
(please specify: first name, last name, and purpose: Ocarina Rave Competition application)
* The following documents should be attached to the applications:
- copy of Passport or Documents of Identity;
- program chosen (only for categories Soloists B and Ensemble)
- copy of proof of payment of the registration fee.Applications received after the expiry date (October 15th)
will not be considered as valid.
- Link to the video recorded for the selections of the contest
* The video must obligatory contain:
- The presentation in video made bythe performer or by a member in case of an ensemble. He/Shemust
present the performance in Italian or English language with basic information (first name and last name in
case of a soloist; name in case of an ensemble, then nationality, category and pieces to be played);
- The integral performance of all the required piecesin sequence without any crop or editing. Static camera;
- Shootings with STATIC camera must show all performers, half-length, with evidence of hands and face;
- The use of musical backings is forbidden; therefore video filming should be with the accompaniment of
live music or “a solo” without any accompaniment even if foreseen.
- ONLY 1 VIDEO must be sent, applications including more videos will be disregarded and eliminated.
* The application entitles Association “Il Temporale” with all rights for the diffusion and the broadcasting of the videos received
* All pieces, both compulsory and free choice ones, in the event of winning MUST foresee the live performance of the accompaniment; during the concert the use of musical backing is forbidden
* It is possible to enrol in multiple categories, but it is not possible to participate more than once to the same
category even with a different staff
* The names of the Winners will be announced live stream during the last Concert of “XXV Festival di Musica da Camera” on November 14th, 2021 at xx:00 ?.m. (Italian time) on the YouTube channel of “Associazione Il
Temporale” https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBj2qp08qMeXq0Cj9Z9IWJQ/videos and then made be
public on the site https://www.ocarinarave.it/
Jury and evaluation criteria
The Jury will consist of musicians of great international renown.
Every member of the Jury will make his/her judgement according to an evaluation grid that shall take into account the following criteria:
* Intonation (rating from 1 to 10 for every piece)
* Performance (rating from 1 to 10 for every piece)
* Technique (rating from 1 to 10 for every piece)
* Also the difficulty of the free-choice repertoire will be evaluated (rating from 1 to 10 for every piece chosen)
At the end of the evaluations the ranking list will be published.
In the event of an ex-equo, in order to award the first prize, one more video with the performance of a piece chosen by the Jury will be required.
The decision of the Jury shall be final and final.
Committee Chairman: Valentino Corvino
GOB: Giulio Boccaletti – Fabio Galliani
Il Temporale APS: Emiliano Bernagozzi
Japan: Riko Kobayashi
China: Shi Feng
Korea: Kim Wook